We’ve been lying low for the past few weeks because Daniel has been having trouble with his right knee hurting and swelling, especially when he dances. He saw his doctor last week and the doctor advised him not to dance till he’d seen an orthopedist. Today we heard back from the doctor’s office and they had set him up an appointment with the orthopedist for Monday morning. I’ve been down the “knee problem” road before and I’m hoping his diagnosis will be similar to mine, i.e., something that physical therapy can solve.
Meanwhile, we had to decide against competing in Baton Rouge at the end of this month, which is a big disappointment to both of us. But unless the doctor tells us differently, we are still planning to compete in Tampa at the end of July and in Louisville, KY in mid-August. Louisville will be our biggest competition so far, but Tampa will be our first repeat appearance at the same competition, which is pretty cool. Last year’s trip to Tampa was my first experience of how welcoming and friendly amateur competitors are. We’re looking forward to going there again.