• Assorted entertainments, or “Pick My Dress”

Our friend and role model Jim Riley recently appeared on Fox 5’s “Good Day Atlanta” in the “Road Warrior” segment promoting National Ballroom Dance Week.  Watch the video below or check it out here!

Another friend and role model, the lovely JoyDawn, keeps reminding me that I’m supposed to be on the hunt for a new Smooth gown.  Anybody want to help me pick out a dress?  Comments welcome on these potential choices:

#1: Creamsicle! (but I would get a different color)

#2: Me Lucky Charms! (with godets in a different color and no floats)

#3: Red! (would get this one as written, but probably never wear the gauntlets)

#4: Ballerina Colors! (no gauntlets/no floats)

Getting a Chinese dress is a bit risky in terms of quality control, but Rainbowshiu is the best-known Chinese maker with the most extensive inventory & experience (as far as I know).  The feedback I’ve read says that she’s good and reliable as long as the customer is particular about what’s needed.  “Particular” is my specialty!  I would rather have a made-to-measure gown, already stoned, and this is about the only way to do it for under $1000.

So…thoughts?

7 Responsesso far.

1. Rima says:

I’m a fan of the “Creamsicle!” But I’m like you, I think a different color would be nicer — maybe a red? The only dress up there that I didn’t particularly care for was “Me Lucky Charms!” There was something oddly prom dress-y about it.

All lovely, though!

2. Bob Morgan says:

Let’s just get stoned. I like that part

3. Deanna says:

My sister has the dress you call Creamsicle, made in that exact color shown. It is a lovely dress and Rainbow Shiu did a very nice job. When she ordered it, she asked for a double layer of mesh so it wouldn’t be so sheer.

4. lauraet says:

Good to know. I’ve heard varying things about the quality of Rainbowshiu’s gowns. Some of the people I talk to are totally anti-Chinese-dress but it seems like Rainbowshiu is popular enough that she must be doing something right!

5. lauraet says:

Oh, Bob.

Thanks for the dances tonight! They were fun!

6. Vicki says:

I liked the second one. I liked the 40’s styling of it.

7. lauraet says:

That’s what I like about it too.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Warning: Unknown: open(/home/content/95/3978595/tmp/sess_cl605tfi3hnuejfemnc8f04q03, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct () in Unknown on line 0