cha cha cha PENNY cha cha cha PENNY cha cha cha PENNY
I happened to have The Big Bang Theory on TV this evening and caught this scene (embedding disabled, so you’ll have to click through).
Things I love:
- Sheldon’s takedown of cotillion.
- And his forced acknowledgement that cotillion training prevents him from saying no to three ladies who want to dance.
- Amy and Sheldon’s cha-cha, which is so terrible it curves around into being awesome.
- Penny getting groped by her dance partner–but that has never happened to me and I would not want anyone to think it’s a frequent part of social dancing!
- The dancers in the background, who probably got the thrill of their lives being recruited onto the show out of the nearest Fred Astaire studio.
Also, I’ve been repeating this article‘s argument for years. Dancing makes great couples’ therapy! Maybe not for Sheldon and Amy, though.