• Breaking news!

This afternoon, Daniel and I went over to the Madison Studio to practice for an hour or so before the studio’s recital rehearsal.  As we were getting ready to leave and I was paying for a new dance card, one of the moms asked if we would be performing in the recital.   I said (maybe with a little touch of mischief) “We haven’t been invited.”  Ms. Madison immediately got big excited eyes and said “Oh! Oh! Do you want to?  Because that would be great!  The programs haven’t even been typed up yet, so we could totally put you in!  I know right where you could go, too!”

We looked at each other for about .05 seconds before agreeing.  Now we have to choose one of our three Smooth routines (waltz, tango, or foxtrot) and pick out a song that fits the recital’s theme, “Times of our Lives.”  I want to do a tango because I think it’s our flashiest number, but the best song I can think of is a waltz: “Time in a Bottle.”  Please leave suggestions in the comments!  The recital is in just a couple of weeks, so we have to decide quickly.

We hope you’ll come to see us perform, and to watch some great dancing from our friends at Madison Studio: June 4 at 2:00 p.m. at Zuver Center on the Mount de Sales campus.

8 Responsesso far.

1. Kelly says:

I don’t think I would do “Time in a Bottle.” I love the song, but I would be afraid of the Snoozefest effect. Do something fun.

Kelly

2. lauraet says:

Snoozefest crossed my mind too! A ballet school recital can already tend in that direction sometimes. I’m actually trying to steer D. toward a tango…

3. TC says:

A recital, how fun! How about Historia de Un Amor (A Love Story)? :)

4. Bob Morgan says:

I agree with Kelly, do something fun. I personally like pole dances.

5. lauraet says:

I like it! But can we convince the studio owner that it fits the theme?

6. lauraet says:

Bob, I swear, I can’t take you anywhere. 😀

7. Monica says:

Tango! Tango! Tango!!

8. lauraet says:

Hee. Duly noted, Monica.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Warning: Unknown: open(/home/content/95/3978595/tmp/sess_v3ems4ui91dh2ltnl46dlq33k2, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct () in Unknown on line 0